Apico-surgery (Root Canal Surgery) Post-Operative Instructions
- Swelling, minor pain and / or skin discoloration may be experienced following the surgical procedure. This will be temporary.
- In order to keep the swelling to a minimum, use an ice pack for the first few hours (on for 10 minutes and off for 5 minutes).
- The day after the surgery use lukewarm water rinses for the treated area following each meal. This should continue for the first 3 days following the surgical procedure.
- Eat only soft foods. Avoid hard and chewy foods.
- Get plenty of rest and insure normal intake of food, especially liquids such as fruit juices, soup, and milk. Use a vitamin supplement if desired. Try not to sleep on the operated area for 2-3 days.
- DO NOT raise your lips with your fingers to inspect the treated area.
- DO NOT brush teeth near the surgical site. Brush teeth in the rest of your mouth.
- There is often a temporary loss of feeling in the operated area and the tooth may feel loose.
- Take medications according to the instructions.
- Should any difficulties occur, do not hesitate to call our office anytime. In case of an extreme urgency call 911.
Learn more when you visit Sunnyvale Dental Care Practice. Call Sunnyvale Dentist Dr. Antonious at 408-720-0900 to schedule a consultation today!