Sedation Dentistry Sunnyvale
Many of our Sunnyvale patients fear dental visits; it’s normal and nothing to be ashamed of. Sunnyvale sedation dentist Dr. Nasser Antonious and the entire compassionate staff at Sunnyvale Dental Care, understand your anxiety and know how to effectively relieve it. In addition to providing excellent care and communicating with patients our dental professionals at Sunnyvale Dental Care are trained in sedation dentistry.
Dr. Antonious uses FDA-approved medication to induce a calm, relaxed state. At Sunnyvale Dental Care office, we can use sedation dentistry to make you comfortable during routine dental checkups, restorative dental procedures, or smile-enhancing cosmetic dentistry treatments.
Oral Conscious Sedation Sunnyvale
Dr. Antonious uses oral sedation dentistry, or “conscious sedation,” to relax you during your dental appointment. This mild sedative is delivered in a pill, which you take shortly before your dental treatment.
Under oral sedation, you may actually remain conscious, awake, and responsive, though in an extremely relaxed and comfortable state. Our conscious sedation dental patients feel no anxiety and usually remember little to nothing of their time in the dental chair. Dr. Antonious uses conscious sedation medication that is clinically tested, safe, and FDA-approved to eliminate your dental anxiety.
Book an Appointment
Unconscious Sedation Sunnyvale – IV Sedation Dentistry
Sunnyvale dentist Dr. Antonious can arrange to have a dental anesthesiologist administer IV sedation while he is performing dental treatment. This FDA-approved, unconscious sedation medication is delivered intravenously, and you will be completely unconscious during your restorative or cosmetic dental treatment at Sunnyvale Dental Care Practice.
You will not remember anything about your dental visit, making IV sedation extremely effective at countering dental anxiety.
Should You Consider Sedation Dentistry?
If you have extreme dental anxiety, sedation dentistry is preferable to avoiding your dental appointments altogether until small problems become bigger. Bigger problems generally require extensive treatment.
With sedation dentistry, Dr. Antonious can regularly clean your teeth, quickly fix your smile with tooth-colored dental fillings or dental crowns, or complete larger cosmetic or restorative procedures, without you feeling nervous or remembering anything.
If your fear of the dentist has kept you from getting the smile you’ve always wanted, Dr. Antonious can provide an easy, stress-free solution to a winning smile and all the confidence that comes with it.
We can often complete multiple dental procedures in one sedation dentistry visit, and you’ll hardly feel the needle, experience little to no gag reflex, and have no fear or even recollection of your treatment.
Please don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with us today.
In this day and age convince is key, no wonder the term “local dentist near me” is on top of the many search phrases used by patients looking to find new dentist. Sunnyvale Dental Care is located conveniently in the center of Silicon Valley with great access to many freeways and highways. Looking for a local affordable dentist near you that provides sedation dentistry? Dr. Antonious can assist you. Sedation patients usually have not been to a dentist for years. They are afraid to even call and make an appointment. When they find a dentist that knows and understands best their fears and can successfully address their dental needs, they are usually happy and appreciative. They write reviews about their experience at Sunnyvale Dental Care on media sites like Google, YouTube, Facebook and Yelp. Reading these reviews warms Dr. Antonious hearts to be able to help.
Sunnyvale Dental Care is located on El Camino Real close to downtown Sunnyvale providing sedation dentistry to apprehensive dental patients residing in the following Sunnyvale zip codes: 94085, 94086, 94087, 94088 and 94089.
Understanding your PPO dental insurance coverage is easy if you have an expert on your side that can help you navigate your way through the complicated insurance policy terms, conditions, insurance coverage, maximums, deductibles, restrictions, limitations, and inclusions. Sunnyvale Dental Care dental office accepts most PPO insurance coverage for the convenience of our patients, including: Ameritas, Assurant, Anthem BlueCross, Cigna, Dentegra, Geha Connection, Guardian, HealthNet, Humana, MetLife, Dental Benefit Providers, Aetna, United HealthCare, First Dental Health, Maverest, Principal, DenteMax, and Avesis. Dr. Antonious is a premier provider with Delta Dental
Dental Sedation FAQs
Post-Op Instructions for Oral Sedation Procedures
Please Review Instructions below before Your Sedation Appointment
- Contact us prior to your appointment if there has been a change in your heath.
- You MUST be accompanied by a responsible adult who must remain in the practice throughout your appointment, escort you home afterwards and arrange for you to be looked after for the following 24 hours.
- Nothing to eat for (6) six hours before appointment.
- Clear liquids are permitted up to (2) two hours prior to appt examples below:
- Clear fruit juice (no pulp)
- Black coffee or tea (sugar allowed but no milk, cream or whitener)
- Pop (regular or diet)
- Gelatin desserts (Jell-O)
- Please do not wear make-up, nail polish or perfume.
- Wear comfortable loose fitting clothing. A short sleeved shirt is Bring a sweater as well.
- If you are taking medications or are a diabetic, please ask for any special instructions.
- Visit the bathroom prior to being seated.
- Coughs and cold can interfere with your appointment. If you are feeling ill in the days preceding you appointment, please advise our office.
Post Operative Instruction for Sedation Appointments
- You MUST NOT drive any vehicle , operate any machinery or use any domestic appliances for 24 hours following sedation, as dizziness/drowsiness may persist.
- Do not go up or downstairs unattended. Patients will need assistance by a responsible adult with walking and using the restroom
- Do not perform any strenuous activities.
- Do not travel by public transportation.
- You MUST NOT drink any alcohol, return to work, make any appointments, sign any legal documents or make any important decisions for 48 hours after sedation.
- Do not attempt to eat a heavy meal immediately. If you are hungry, a light diet (liquids and toast) should be adequate. Be sure to drink plenty of fluids to keep hydrated.
- A feeling of nausea may occasionally develop after sedation. Lay down until you feel better.
- Avoid extremely hot/cold beverages as the freezing may last for 2-4 hours, be careful not to bite your lip or tongue.
- You SHOULD NOT smoke as the sedation may make you fall asleep while smoking
- Pain medication may be taken as directed, but do not exceed the instructed dose.
- Please have someone home with you the first 12 hours after your appointment.
- Any illness occurring after the appointment should be reported immediately to the practice.