Invisalign Start at $2999. For More Information - Call us at 408-720-0900

Humana Dental PPO Dual Coverage

Humana Dental PPO Dual Coverage

Humana Dental PPO Dual Coverage

Having two dental insurance policies, also know as dual coverage can really contribute to reaching your dental goals. Perhaps you are unhappy with the appearance of your teeth, or you are experiencing dental pain. Some people have difficulty with normal daily functions like eating because of missing or misaligned teeth.

Sunnyvale Dentist Dr. Gupta treats a variety of dental conditions. Through cosmetic dentistry he can also improve the appearance of your teeth. Implants or dental prosthetics like bridges and partial dentures can restore biting and chewing functions.

If Humana Dental PPO insurance provides one of your policies, you’re in luck. Sunnyvale Dentist Dr.Gupta is a preferred provider within the Humana Dental PPO network. Visiting an in network dentist will give you more value for your money.

Primary and Secondary insurance companies coordinate to cover their members dental claims. This is referred to as coordination of benefits. The Sunnyvale Dental Care insurance coordinator will submit your claims to Humana Dental PPO insurance and any other company that provides dental coverage for you and your family.

Whether or not coverage is primary or secondary depends on factors such as whom the subscriber is, and which insurance has been providing coverage the longest. If you are the subscriber for one of your policies, that insurance plan would give you primary coverage. For children who have dental benefits from both parents, the parent whose birthday occurs first in the calendar year would provide primary dental insurance coverage.

In standard coordination of benefits most if not all of your dental claims will usually be covered. If you receive a tooth colored filling and the primary insurance pays 80%, the secondary insurance would cover the other 20%. If the coordination of benefits has a non-duplication clause your coverage could be much less which would result in higher copays on your part.

Are you unsure if your Humana PPO Dental insurance policy has standard coordination of benefits? This is an important factor when choosing dental coverage and planning for treatment. The Sunnyvale Dental Care staff work with many different insurance companies and plans every day. They would be happy to contact both your primary and secondary insurance carriers to verify how they will coordinate to pay for your dental care.

Learn more when you visit Sunnyvale Dental Care. Call Sunnyvale Dentist Dr. Gupta at 408-720-0900 to schedule a consultation today!

Book an Appointment

    Book Online 24X7

    Contact Us



    Opening Hours:

    • Monday: 9 AM to 7 PM
    • Tuesday: 9 AM to 7 PM
    • Wednesday: 9 AM to 7 PM
    • Thursday: 9 AM to 7 PM
    • Friday: 9 AM to 7 PM
    • Saturday: 9 am to 2 pm (Appointment only)
    • Sunday: Closed