BlueCross/Blue Shield PPO Maximum and Deductible

BlueCross Dental Insurance is a commonly known provider for dental insurance benefits. Navigating your BlueCross plan is a top priority for the highly trained staff at Sunnyvale Dental Care. Sunnyvale Dentist Dr. Antonious and his team are dedicated to helping you understand your plan to optimize your dental care.

The term “maximum” refers to the amount of money your dental insurance plan provides per benefit period, typically 12 consecutive months or one calendar year. BlueCross has many tiers of benefit plans and maximums that vary based on the plan you or your employer has selected. Some maximums are high, in the $2500 range, and some are less comprehensive with a maximum around $1000 per benefit period. Another consideration in understanding your maximum is that not all dental procedures provided to you at Sunnyvale Dental Care will be covered at 100%. For example, a filling may be covered at 80% and the remaining 20% would be covered by you, so reasonably, only the 80% paid would be deducted from your maximum. Lastly, not all treatments, such as elective and cosmetic teeth whitening will be a covered benefit, therefore having no impact in your plan’s maximum benefit.

Most BlueCross Dental Insurance plans require a deductible to be paid by you prior to the plan covering your dental care costs. Much like car insurance, deductibles apply when treatment is needed, but often times are not required before your plan will pay for preventive care.

Understanding what your treatment needs are, how your BlueCross plan is structured and coordinating all of it with you is an important and very valuable service for us. Sunnyvale Dentist Dr. Antonious is convinced that proper care given to all of these insurance variables is vital in the pursuit of providing you with the very best dental health care.

Learn more when you visit Sunnyvale Dental Care. Call Sunnyvale Dentist Dr. Nasser Antonious at 408-720-0900/ TOLL-FREE 1-877-9DENTAL to schedule a consultation today!

Your Convenience Is Our Priority

Full Range of Dental Care For All Ages Under One Roof

We are a dental preferred provider, PPO dentist and In-network dentist with most dental insurance companies including: